Tuesday, November 17, 2009

AVR to Ethernet


Not an uncommon project - I am trying to get an 8-bit AVR Atmega168 online. I'm using the notes found from others' previous projects to guide me. Ultimately I want to create a simple cut and paste module to be able to cheaply include internet capability to a number of other projects - more to come on those in the future.

Here's a quick pick of the ENC28J60 and Magjack (with Sparkfun breakout board to make my life easier.

Unfortunately I'm finding I overlooked ordering key components, so I'm not sure if I'll get it up and running by this weekend. I'll be working getting the basic, ping-able server up and running on AVR tonight . I'm hoping my cheap hacking around with the circuit will allow it to still work.

I also feel like a fool - I may have accidentally fried my STK500 (don't ask) and will be without an AVR programmer for awhile - particularly devestating since I'll be teaching a class on AVR programming in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment